Monday 14 March 2011

At home SPA day for my acne ;)

Monday... We stayed in today doing pretty much nothing. I gave up on keeping the house spotless clean a long time ago, keeping it relatively clean but the mess seems to never end. I have tidied up 3 times today but it still messy. I've tried everything, I think, to teach my girls to put things away when they don't use them any more but ... they still don't!!  Any recommendations????

Anyways... Girls asked for a smoothie and their today's recipe was: juiced apples, pears, plums and carrots mixed with  smoothed banana and strawberry. Yum! And when I was tidying up after the making I looked at the bums of strawberries and remembered my aunt. She used to smother strawberries and other fresh foods all over her face :) So I took the leftovers,mashed them with a fork,added some raw unpasteurised honey, pure Pearl powder and Calcium Bentonite Clay. Spread on my face with fan mask brush and left it for I-don't-know-may-be-an-hour (but usually 15-20 min). After rinsing I put an Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant's leaf. Check here for more details on it. at the moment my skin looks quite good but the acne parts look worse.As they say - ''people notice that their acne appears to worsen before it improves.  Don't panic if this happens to you!  This is a good thing!''  I do hope so!!!


P.S. I have suffered with adult acne for almost 2 years now. It came with my first period when my youngest daughter was 11 months old. I have tried Dermalogica, Clinic (thats the one I will go back to if natural stuff won't work), Clearasil, pharmaceutical, prescribed by GP  and many other ones. I am on the mission to find the cure!






4 comments:

  1. i can relate - I had cystic acne for almost 10 years and then just acne. What helped me was Spironolactone that my endocrrinologist prescribed. Birth Control pills helped a great deal as well. I still have scars though. And now I have rosacea. I tried all kinds of potions and lotions but these two prescriptions helped me the most - I just wish I had started them sooner.

    Oh, found you by way of the Tuesday Blog Hop from Stacey's blog.

    If you get a chance stop by http://www.wynniebee.com and visit. Following you now on Goggle Friend Connect : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I told my husband that cleaning my house was like running on a treadmill. I felt like I was cleaning ALL day but getting nowhere. I'm happy to read your blog--I'm quite random myself. Janae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janae! I feel like that - getting nowhere- every day. How do you deal with that? Emotionally I mean.
    A friend of mine is a lucky gal, her husband pays someone else to do the job like ''spring clean''. Ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi WynnieBee,
    I've been thinking of Birth control pills as my acne def hormonal. But I'm still breastfeeding my 2.5 year old so have to wait...
    Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete